Monday, August 02, 2004

Puppet

Thanks to Don and Laura, I have a new addiction, and it is called "Six Feet Under." It's a series on HBO about a family running a funeral home. It's the epitome of dark comedy, which, as we all know, is right up my alley. I've watched most of the first season on DVD, and the second season is already out; however, once I finish that, I fear I'll have to wait a while before the third season will be available. Sure, there will probably be withdrawal symptoms, but I think I can handle it as long as it's not as bad as the 4 years I have to wait in between PJ Harvey albums. Sheesh!
Work is still going well, and I think I've successfully avoided the post-deployment depression. I don't know why it hasn't sunk in this year. Maybe because I was only gone three months this time. Maybe because I'm working out every day. Maybe because I'm just learning to deal with it all. Either way, things are good.
Only seven more days till the Fuji trip. I know I keep mentioning it, but I'm way excited. Of course, this also means it's only seven days till I turn 30. Sometimes I think about it, and it seems like a big deal, and other times, it's just...not. I'm just going to try not to think about it. The day will come. I'll have a good time. And it will be over. No biggie.
Anyway, I'm going to take a shower and chill out the rest of the evening. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: