Sunday, October 14, 2007

Track Listing

You know what I love doing? Making mix CDs for people. But sometimes, I think I put a little too much effort into it. I have over 8,000 songs from which to choose, and narrowing that down to about 20 (40 if I make it a double) takes a while. Sometimes there's a theme, but more often, it's just for fun. I want to choose songs the recipient will like upon hearing, but will also open up his or her tastes. Would she prefer predominantly male or female singers? Would he mind if there's a country or hip-hop song thrown in? Do any songs hold a special meaning? Does the order of the songs flow smoothly? What's the largest amount of music I can get in 700 MB? It's not an easy task. Right now, I'm putting the final touches on a couple double CDs for two very good friends. They don't know they'll be receiving it until it arrives in their mailbox, but I hope they enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoyed making them.

No comments: