Saturday, June 07, 2008

Closet Cramming

Yesterday, I came home from work, sat on my couch, and checked my e-mail. After I closed my computer, I leaned back and closed my eyes. The next thing I knew, it was three hours later. Have you ever been so emotionally exhausted that it makes you physically tired, too?
It seems nearly every week at work is more stressful than the last. I try not to let it get to me, but it's not easy when it takes up so much of my day.
Anyway, due to my three-hour nap yesterday, I was stricken with a severe bout of insomnia last night. In the States, when I was bored, I'd go to a movie or shopping; but everything in Italy closes at 7. So what's the next best thing? Online shopping! In my defence, I did buy a few necessities, like new running shoes. But the bulk of it was stuff I don't really need. This is why I should never let myself nap after work.

No comments: