Friday, May 23, 2008

A Couple Countries North

Shaun and I are driving up to Stuttgart, Germany tomorrow for Stephanie Murphy's graduation this weekend. We had hoped to leave Thursday, but I couldn't get any time off work. We also considered leaving tonight, but didn't want to drive through the mountains late at night. So, we decided to take off early tomorrow morning. It's only a seven hour drive, and Shaun's company will make the time go even faster. The graduation ceremony isn't until Sunday, and since Monday is Memorial Day, we'll have plenty of time to get back.
Along with the graduation ceremony, I'm looking forward to this trip because it will be my first time in Germany. I hear it's really beautiful, and even though we won't have the time to see much, it should be fun. And most importantly, Stephanie's big brother James "Smurphy" Murphy will be in town, and it's always a hoot to hang with that guy.

No comments: