Thursday, February 14, 2008

Making Like A Tree

I just finished my final out-processing appointment, and it feels good to have all the military appointments off my mind. There are still a few things I have to take care of with shipping my vehicle and taking care of my apartment, one of which is turning in my cable modem, which is why I'm writing this right now. In a few minutes, my internet access will go from constant to sporadic, as will posting until I get things set up in Italy.
I have a minimum three-day road trip to Baltimore ahead of me, and I love road trips and all, but I'm just hoping the weather will cooperate. So far, the forecasts look good, but I'm bringing a blanket, a case of water, and a couple MREs, just in case. Highlights will include stopping in St. Louis to see good friends and new babies, and an overnight stay at home in Kentucky. My Mom has already promised to make my favourite cookies, which makes the entire trip worthwhile. Plus, my good friend Dan lives in the Baltimore/DC area, so it will be good to hang with him again before I depart.
Tonight will be my last night hanging at Roosters, whose owners have probably bought a boat from what I've spent there. Utah really is a special place. It's almost as hard leaving here as it was to leave Japan, as I've made some great friends here, and had some super-fun times. But, as always, when I get to my destination, a whole new world is going to be opened up to me. I won't forget Utah, but it's my time to move on.

No comments: