Friday, February 01, 2008

Shortitis

I now have less than three weeks before I board the plane for Italy. I've been spending a minimal amount of time at work this week, which is not to say I've been spending a minimal amount of time working. I stay at work for about half the day (sometimes less) and then spend the rest of the day out-processing. I probably shouldn't admit this, especially since I've been pacing myself on all my out-processing appointments and I'm usually home by 1 PM so I can take care of laundry, TV-watching, and napping, which, in its own way, is a form of work.
What's taking the most time, though, is getting everything set up for shipping my truck over there. I've spent hours on the phone with shipping companies, my bank, my insurance company, the traffic management office, and finance. You'd think it would be easier to get straight answers from people to whom you're going to give a large amount of money.
Throw onto all this the fact I'll be testing for Tech (again) on Monday. Actually, scratch that. I've never stressed about promotion before. Why start now?

No comments: