Sunday, March 11, 2012

Schnee Men

Nassfeld by currtdawg
Nassfeld, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

I thought President's Day weekend would be my last chance to go snowboarding this season, but since we put so many hours in last week, we all got Friday off. It was a great opportunity to get a small group together and head up to Nassfeld for the weekend.


Nassfeld by currtdawg
Nassfeld, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

Concepcion, Mike, Nate, and I headed up to The Cube Thursday after work. We woke up early Friday morning and headed straight for the slopes. It's been a rather short winter, and at the base of the mountain, the snow was manmade and slushy. However, at the top, it was near perfect.


Mike, Concepcion, & Nate by currtdawg
Mike, Concepcion, & Nate, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

There were some really nice bars in the area, too. And it always seemed like we could never order just beers. It was always "a beer and a shot!" It made for some rough mornings, but nothing that couldn't be relieved by strapping on our boards.


One night, the bar had dancing girls.


Alpini Guy & Me by currtdawg
Alpini Guy & Me, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

And I met this Italian guy who was former Alpini. Also, I find my Italian gets a little better after I have a few beers in me, for some reason.


Nassfeld by currtdawg
Nassfeld, a photo by currtdawg on Flickr.

We all agreed it was a productive weekend, evidenced by how sore our legs are. We left this morning and headed back to Italy, sad that this would probably be our last time on the slopes this season.

No comments: