Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day-Late Delicacies


Cheyenne with Brayden
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Since so many of us went to the concert on Thursday, JoAnn decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at her place on Friday. It ended up working out really well and those who didn't go to the show got to eat twice.
I got to JoAnn's place around 2 PM and she, Austin, and Pat were already working on the turkey. I brought stuffing, macaroni and cheese, some home-made bread, and, of course, a cheesecake.


Heather, Kelly, & Jo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Tons of people showed up, some of whom I'd never met before. And I think the baby-to-adult ratio must have been in the millions, because there seemed to be babies everywhere.


Cheyenne, Travis, & Doug
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I made it my personal mission to lower the wine-to-person ratio, and finished an entire bottle of savignon by myself before we even started eating.
JoAnn: Hey, Sutton! Did you just finish that whole bottle of wine?
Me: Maybe.
It turns out I'm the most social drunk ever, and became very huggy.


Doug & Ryan
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
After everyone's food digested, we continued to drink and play cards and dominoes. By 10 o'clock, the music was up and we were all dancing in the living room. We didn't leave until 1 AM, and surprisingly, I felt great this morning.
Thanks so much to JoAnn for hosting everyone. This is the kind of stuff I'm really going to miss when I deploy.

No comments: