Saturday, September 06, 2008

Round Trip

Johnny, the guy who flew over to Texas with me, took some leave en route after his class ended, and flew back into Venice this morning. He asked if either Corey or I could pick him up from the airport. Corey was already dropping off Jeremiah this morning, so he said he'd pick up Johnny (even though Jeremiah's flight left five hours before Johnny's came in).
Last night, several of us went to dinner and a movie. After that, I decided to hit up the bar just to see if anyone was out. When I walked in the door, the first person I saw was Corey, and he was obviously very inebriated.
"C.W.!" he says. (That's what he calls me, for some reason.) "I think you might have to make the airport trip. I'm not gonna be sober in time. Don't worry, though--I'll come along, too."
I should probably mention that, by this time, it was nearly 1 AM, and Corey told Jeremiah he'd pick him up at 4 AM. So I told Corey I'd be at his house (which is right down the street from the bar) at 3:45. Then I headed home to try and get a little sleep.
I woke up at 3 AM, showered, had some coffee, and drove to Corey's place. Just as I was coming up on his house, I saw him walking along the road. Apparently, he had just left the bar. So he hops in my truck, we pick up Jeremiah, and head to the airport.
After we dropped off Jeremiah, we found a free parking area, laid back our seats, and took a nice four-hour nap. As soon as I shut off the car, Corey was out. It took me a little longer because Corey reeked of beer and cigarettes, and he kept putting his arm on me. At 9 AM, we headed back to the airport, and downed a couple cappuccinos. Luckily, Johnny's flight came in on time, and we drove back to Aviano.
I'm not sure what's going on tonight, but before I do anything, I need a nap.

No comments: