Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Green, Green Grass of Home


Tall Grass
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I have a nice little yard around my house. It's nothing huge, but it's big enough for tossing the frisbee or duck-duck-goose or whatever. We've gotten quite a bit of rain lately, and my grass has gotten pretty shaggy. I've never owned a lawn mower before, so I bought one today.


Before
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Unfortunately, it didn't come assembled. I gathered my tools and pulled out all the pieces, making sure to read the instructions as I went along. See, I'm not one of those guys that think instructions are mere suggestions. I follow them word-for-word, which somehow didn't stop me from putting the handle on the front end.


After
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
After only two hours of turning wrenches, looking for missing bolts, and stray curse words, I had a bona fide lawn mower. I was all excited to give it a spin, but during the assembly process, it started raining. I guess her inaugural run will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: