Sunday, April 11, 2004

Happy Easter! So, I'd like to write a novel about the past 10 days I've spent in Iraq, but I don't exactly have a lot of computer time, and the time I have is mostly going to be spent writing my own EPR (it's a long story). So, I'm switching back and forth between this window, and the one with my EPR, so if this entry seems rather random, that's why.
I've been a little stressed out since I got here, and I'm not really sure why. I'm working in the water plant, which is cool. But we're kind of in the middle of nowhere. We don't even have a phone out there.
Tonight will be my first night of playing with the praise team at the Chapel, and I'm looking forward to it. Things should go smooth.
I've been having really wacked out dreams since I got here. It's gotten to the point where I'm now keeping a dream journal that I update as soon as I get up in the morning. The strangest one involved me appearing as a guest on the David Letterman show along with Janet Jackson. Strange.
I've been hitting up the gym every afternoon, but I'm skipping today to get some work done. Plus, most people are off on Sunday, so I know it will be way crowded. I was there running on the treadmill yesterday and the power went out.
You know, this is the third time I've been deployed since I've been at Misawa, and never, ever have I wanted to come home as badly as I do now. I don't know if it's because I miss everyone back in Misawa, or because I still don't really know anyone here yet, or because I really have no faith whatsoever in the purpose of this stupid war. I get home after work, hit the gym, shower, and then don't leave my room for the rest of the night. I'm not feeling my usual social self. The upside is that I'm getting a lot of reading done. I'm kind of forcing myself to go to the gym, because I think if I don't, I'll just waste away. It's the only thing that keeps my drive going.
I saw Brad at lunch the other day, and we decided we're going to grow mustaches. Personally, I don't think there are many things a guy can do to make himself more unattractive than grow a mustache. I mean, they work okay on some people, but overall, they're just too cheesy. Regardless, this is a way for Brad and I to just do something goofy to pass the time a little quicker. We're going to try it for two weeks, and see how it looks. But don't get your hopes up. I will be avoiding all cameras so no evidence will be left for anyone.
Okay, so I really need to concentrate on my EPR, so I'm gonna close. I hope everything is going well with everyone. Here's a brief list of people/things I'm praying for right now: Jean-Marie and her leg, Don taking care of his family, this whole Iraq situation, my friend Jason and his spiritual quest, Jimmy and Abby, Dan and his last semester of college, Jim and Nik and their whole household. Okay, Imaboutabeupouttaheeyaallinyagrill! Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: